Monday, January 5, 2009

Task #1 for the new year!!!

You guessed it task #1 is go to bed with a clean shiny sink bonus points if the rest of the kitchen is clean as well. I have been terrible about this lately. My mom has a book called" The joys of homemaking," that I really like. Any way I think it was origanally published in the 60's A lot of it is pretty over the top but one thing that it says is that the kitchen is the center of the home and that if it is kept in order than the rest of the house will follow( or something like that). I actually find this to be very true. We will be doing a task per week this time And I will be trying to get a new quote on daily as well. It seemed like a task a day was just to much at a time. Let us know what you think. Good luck now go shine your sink!!!!
Here's a link to flyladies sink cleaning instructions if you are interested http://www.flylady.com/pages/FLYingLessons_Shine.asp

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I know it's only the middle of the week but I wanted to share my progress. Actually I have to admit my husband's progress. He's been doing the dishes most every night this week due to my feeling like crap at night. I guess I have night sickness rather than the morning kind. He's been really great though. I told him how important it was for me to wake up to a tidy kitchen. Mind you, I've been telling him this for quite some time now. I suppose it's easier to take pity on me when I'm lying on the couch like a lethargic slug every night. Anyway, that's my story for this task.

Kristi said...

Well Im 3 for 3. I really didn't want to clean the kitchen last night either. I worked all day and aparently Will and the girls had a great time while I was gone and left me A royall mess( gota love em ). I'm glad I didn't leave it till morning though.